I've used his work to allow students to experiment with actual texture and 3d natural looking shapes in art. Students make 3d paper and aluminum foil architectural collages placed in a hand drawn setting.
Students are required to add at least 3 natural looking shapes to the foil main building. These pieces are made of foil glued to paper and then cut out. This provides enough support and stability to these 3d pieces.
1. intro to Gehry's architecture- focusing on natural shapes and texture
2. draw setting on separate paper
3. cut main building shape and glue in place
4. glue remaining foil to other paper and cut out needed shapes
5. bend & roll shapes to give them some dimension and glue into place